Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Another generation of "Four Eyes"

As if my poor three year old child hasn't been thru enough with his eyes......

I got glasses when I was eight.  At first I was so excited to have them!  Then when I realized what a pain they were, I started leaving them at home, "forgetting" to put them on, blah, blah, blah.  I can't decide at this point if Chase will follow those unfortunate footsteps with his glasses because they are the natural tendency of a child, or if he is at an advantage since he is so young, maybe he will just get used to them early, and the transition will be easier.  Today was the first full day of glasses wearing and I stopped counting how many times I said something along the lines of, "Put your glasses back on, where are your glasses, or you can stop "cleaning them" (in other words licking them) at about 25.  Whatever.  Each day should get progressively easier.  Until the day we start patching again.  Oh, yes, that will continue.  I have decided to give him a little respite to get used to the glasses, but the patching will go on!!  What doesn't kill me will make me stronger!!!
I can for sure say this is the cutest 3 year old on the planet!  Maybe I should just start sending this picture to casting agents!!!

4 comments:

Becki said...

I wouldn't say THE cutest...cuz I've got pretty cute ones in my house...but he is cute. "Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?" (Reminds me of the little boy on Jerry McGuire) ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

He does remind me of that kid. Cute Caradon!

Lemonhead said...

he really does look super cute with glasses!!

Party of Five said...

That's funny Becki- I was thinking the same thing! Yep pretty darn cute! He'll get used to them. I did.