Friday, July 22, 2011

Mowing the lawn

Funny thing about mowing the lawn.  I find it to be one of the most satisfying homeowner chores.  For one thing, it shows the lines, like a vacuum.  It is an instant gratification chore, where you can see how great you are doing as you are doing it.  For another thing, I discovered yesterday when I was entering it into the fitness website I am using as a weight loss resource, that it burns mad calories!!  I mowed for 45 minutes yesterday and burned 537 calories!!  That is awesome! 

I am pretty pleased with my challenge progress.  Yesterday was an 8 out of 10 day, my worst so far, but still pretty dang good I think.  I plan to make today another ten-er!  We will see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job!

Roberts Family said...

Great job on keeping up the challenge! I completely agree on mowing the lawn. I also love how it looks and feels afterward and it STAYS nice and pretty - not even the kids can mess it up!