Friday, May 22, 2009

Baby Steps

A lot of you know I have been overthinking the walking thing when it comes to Chasey, and I have been worried that he hasn't been doing it more since he is almost 16 months old now. A lot of you also have reassured me that he would start when he was ready, and even our doctor told me not to worry, he himself didn't start walking until he was 18 months old. For a few months now though, Chasey has been cruising, walking one handed with daddy, and for about a month, using a walking toy and getting very good. Well, my fears have greatly subsided this week, as he finally started walking across our front room. I realize he still has a ways to go, but he is finally doing it, and as his mommy, I couldn't be prouder!!



Go Chasey Go!! You're doing great, kid!!!

3 comments:

Karla said...

Its hard not to worry when your child seems to not be doing something you think they should be. I remember thinking Amber was maybe autistic or something since she didn't ever smile. She had to have been about 5 months before she really smiled, and that was at bookcases and the ceiling, not at a person. I was a bit concerned. But of course now, you would never know... she is so happy and always smiling. I am glad to hear your worrying is at rest. All kids are different, so you just have to try to be patient, as hard as that is! I love his jeans, they are so cute. Hey Chase... go. Now he will be into everything at a NEW level.

Andrea said...

Curly hair? Soooooo cute! I can't wait to see you guys!

Karen Brothersen said...

What a fun milestone! Great job!