Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lavendar Days 5K

Well, this last Saturday, July 11th, my dad and I drove down to Mona, Utah, where the beautiful Lavendar Farm is, to enjoy a 5K running through the fields. It smelled amazing! This was our third 5K, and only the two of us did it this time. This was also by far the hardest! For one thing, we were running through rocky, dirt trails through the farm rather than the pavement that have been in our other two runs. Also, the first half of the 5K is on a steady incline, and the second half is a steady decline. Hills make for a great challenge, but it is much easier to run on level ground! With these two factors working against us, we incresed again from our last time, and ended up at 46 minutes and 30 seconds, which was almost exactly the same as our first 5K. At first I was upset about this, but dad reminded me what we had working against us, and that we should be pleased with our time, so I'm okay with it now. Though it was the hardest one we've done, it was also the prettiest!
Here's me and dad before the race started. It was a perfect day, nice and overcast so the sun wasn't beating down on us.
This is the beautiful Lavendar field we ran through. Doesn't it look amazing nestled right underneath the mountains?
It's hard to see this one, but we were actually on the route, in fact we were almost finished at this point.
Can you imagine that with 1000 people running, I would actually run into my friend Lilly Corbett? This was her first run, and she did great! Maybe we'll do another one together.

All in all I was really pleased with this 5K. Looking forward to the next one! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I would love to run that one.

Unknown said...

Way 2 GO! Keep up the good work.