Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A tiny acheivement, imagine me patting myself on the back

As you all know, I have taken up running. But as a person who is in the neighborhood of 100 pounds overweight, the victories are few and far between and I have to stop and congratulate myself when I can. I have done 3 5k's now, but I mostly walk fast in those, and jog for as long as I can. Those distances are pretty short. But along with starting to do organized runs has come a lot of training. Two nights a week I go running with my friend and running buddy Meadow. Last night we did our usual, run as long as I can (she is much better than I am) and walk fast the rest of the time. My big achievement last night was running 1/3 of a mile without stopping!! I was so proud of myself!! The next time we go will be Thursday night, and I am shooting for half a mile. Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Caradon! That is awesome! I tried jogging one night last week and couldn't make it much more than an 8th of a mile before I had to walk. You go girl!

Party of Five said...

yay Caradon! I really am impressed with you and all you do.

Jamie said...

Never skip an opportunity to pat yourself on the back. There's not always someone else gonna do it for you. I AM proud of you. The last 2 mornings I have gotten my exercise clothes on and something has intervened. I'll try again tomorrow. Wish me luck that some ACTUAL exercising will occur.

Answer to Many said...

YEAH!!!!!

Amy Sorensen said...

You can do it! That is awesome!

Candy said...

I want you to come run with me and Marie!!! Marie leaves me in the dust but it is so nice to have someone to run/walk with. We go most nights (mon. tues. wed. thurs.) starting at around 8.

Congrats! you need to celebrate every chance you get.